Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I would like to have a Chardy with the Wondrous Marieke Hardy...



I feel it is time to deviate slightly before I turn into a rug obsessed, floor painting, mean Aunty SJ. My cup overfloweth with inspiration for one week, so it is with joy, dry humour and a large teaspoon of wit that I fill it back up again and share it and a slice of fruit bun with the fabulous Marieke Josephine Hardy.

I found Marieke through Triple J fame- she hosts the morning show with Robbie Buck and the Doctor and at first, I must admit, I didn't like her. I didn't like Robbie and the Doctor much either, so I put my dislike down to my adversity to change. A year later, I still don't think a lot of the Doctor and Robbie Buck, but I do find myself listening to as much of the breakfast show as possible in order to hear the sweet, yet dry quips by Marieke.

In the attached article http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2005/06/05/1117910185873.html, the writer documents her career by saying, "Marieke Hardy has a radio show, a political fashion label, a go-go dancing career, a regular DJ gig and a secret contentious life on the internet'. She also is an avid 'lefty', a woman close to our heart and in promoting her cause has designed with friends a clothing label, which boasts "I Only Put Out For Boys Who Vote Left" lingerie.

Now I don't know how much of this is true but if you read on, it seems she has a 'secret blog' of some sort and I will be damned if I am going to live many more happy days without it! She did have a blog, which I love, called http://www.reasonsyouwillhateme.com/, which will give you a fabulous introduction to her fine work, but I am left unquenched, Ref! I need the cup to overfloweth once more!

So it is to you I turn, my best friend, wonderful mother, charming wife, talented writer and lets face it, most importantly right now, bloody superb cryptic crossworder- how do we find Marieke- where can we filleth our cup?

Love,


SJ (hearts MJH)

No comments:

Post a Comment